[vc_column_text css_animation=”bottom-to-top”][/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_column_text css_animation=”bottom-to-top”]
We are seeking to recruit a Senior Analyst to join the Investment Operations (“IO”) team at MIT Investment Management Company (MITIMCo). The IO team seeks to deliver information to inform decisions and enable portfolios. By originating information relevant to decision making, IO represents the nexus in enabling portfolios and generating returns. Team responsibilities include maintaining the firm’s Investment Book of Record (IBOR), transaction capture related to investment activity, trading operations (liquidation, hedging, facilitation), pricing & valuation, treasury operations (cash management, cash wire & bank transfer), margin & collateral operations, reconciliations, and security master maintenance. The Senior Analyst will apply global market expertise to exercise independent judgment to support and manage the success of these responsibilities. The role will also implement process improvements that balance cost with client service and business needs. The Senior Analyst is expected to apply critical thinking skills in analyzing facts objectively to frame problem statements and devise solutions for the IO team to execute. Additionally, this role will act as a leader serving as a resource for global market knowledge and facilitating group training and cross training.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
• Facilitate trading across different instruments including equities, currency, swaps, futures, options and other hedge instruments; Ensure compliance with firm’s Conflicts of Interest policy including pre-clearance compliance checks; Affirm trades and terms; Monitor hedge exposure limits and propose adjustments to hedges, as applicable.
• Maintain the integrity of the firm’s Investment Book of Record (IBOR) through the ongoing capture and processing of transaction, pricing and related information for the firm’s investments and reconciliations to external parties.
• Maintain securities within the firm’s IBOR. Perform data analysis on new securities to ensure appropriate mapping to firm’s logical data model. Integrate information from external data sources like Bloomberg.
• Monitor counterparty risk including mark-to-market and related collateral transfers to ensure MIT is not overexposed.
• Process wire and bank transfer activity. Monitor cash balances and projections.
• Ensure adequate and up to date documentation of processes and written procedures.
• Perform business analysis to design solutions to improve process efficiencies and controls.
• Provide knowledge and expertise with respect to market transactions, trading, and settlements.
• Offer creativity in dealing with problem solving issues and idea development; flexibility in responding to the changing environment and daily workflow; and a value-added approach to all projects.
Will report to Senior Manager of Investment Operations.
May periodically manage interns assigned to Investment Operations.
• A minimum of 4 years of deep and relevant professional experience in Trade Operations, Middle Office, or Fund Accounting preferred.
• Relevant professional qualification (e.g. CFA) or a post-graduate degree, or progress towards one.
• Knowledge of financial instruments and investment accounting presentation.
• Familiarity with working with derivatives and private fund investments (e.g. hedge funds, private equity, etc.) a plus.
• Experience working with trading/investment/order management systems (e.g. ACA/Northpoint, Bloomberg, Eze, Front Arena, Murex, Calypso, etc.) a plus.
• Advanced analytical skills, a quantitative orientation, and a detail oriented mindset.
• Familiarity with data analytics and business intelligence tools (e.g. Power BI, Tableau, Trifecta) would be looked upon favorably.
• Strong Excel skills including ability to code in VBA a plus.
• Outstanding communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to deal with ambiguity, exercise independent judgement, and demonstrate initiative.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
How do you apply?
Apply through MITs online job bank via the following link:
http://jobs.mit.edu/external and enter Keyword MITIMCo
Please note that MIT does not provide visa sponsorship for technical, administrative, or library full-time or part-time regular positions. Additionally, MIT does not provide visa sponsorship to recent graduates and practicing professionals for internship training, practical experiences, or other non-teaching, non-research affiliations.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/4″][vc_column_text css_animation=”bottom-to-top”][/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]