This position will provide leadership, management, and strategic direction for accounting and reporting activities related to MIT’s Cambridge Real Estate Group’s operating and development activities. MITIMCo’s Real Estate Group serves as an owner, operator, and developer of a high profile real estate portfolio comprised of multiple asset types including commercial and residential.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
• Develop broad real estate accounting strategies and processes to address regulatory guidelines; and evaluate and execute strategies for the company’s cash management
• Ensure the timely delivery, quality and accuracy of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting for the real estate portfolio, for both internal and external purposes
• Direct and monitor activities of JLL accounting team to ensure consistency of accounting treatments and accuracy of financial recording process into Yardi
• Partner with the Asset Management team in the annual budget and reforecasting processes
• Develop and implement real estate accounting policy and processes in line with industry best
• Lead the annual appraisal review process following industry standards and best practices for
• Collaborate with the real estate team in recapitalization initiatives including sales, joint ventures,
debt financing, and other financial transactions
• Ensure compliance with debt covenants; and coordinate and report information to lenders
• Create and maintain relationships with external financial institutions, legal counsel, tax advisors,
• Partner across departments in the planning and integration of systems, data and reporting to create
• Will report to the CFO
• Ability to work independently is required.
• At least one accountant.
Qualifications & Skills:
• 10 years of real estate accounting experience, preferably in a manager role, at an institutional investment manager, private equity fund, or other reputable real estate firm
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance
• In-depth knowledge of real estate investment and valuation fundamentals
• CPA designation and experience at a tax-exempt institution preferred
• Strong organizational skills with an entrepreneurial drive
• Experience working in Yardi accounting systems preferred
How do you apply?
Apply through MITs online job bank via the following link:
http://jobs.mit.edu/external and enter Keyword MITIMCo
Please note that MIT does not provide visa sponsorship for technical, administrative, or library full-time or part-time regular positions. Additionally, MIT does not provide visa sponsorship to recent graduates and practicing professionals for internship training, practical experiences, or other non-teaching, non-research affiliations.