Seeking a pro-active, detail-oriented individual to join the dynamic Cambridge Real Estate Group of MITIMCo as a valued member of a support team. This position requires the ability to exercise discretion, prioritize work efficiently and perform well under pressure with tight time deadlines. This position also requires direct communication with a wide variety of clients/tenants, external real estate firms, MIT management and faculty. Individual must be comfortable interacting with high level executives. As an Administrative Assistant for Cambridge Real Estate, it is expected the incumbent will resolve problems and issues that may arise internally as well as from external influences by interpreting policies and collaborating with colleagues. This individual will provide primary support the Transactions Team within Cambridge Real Estate Group; and will provide support for multiple projects being undertaken by the Transactions Team. In this role, the Administrative Assistant will provide backup and interact closely with the other administrative staff of the Real Estate group.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
• Coordinate and schedule appointments, meetings, and luncheons/dinners via Outlook, accommodating multiple calendars and competing priorities. Generally manage team’s calendars which will include communicating with high-level visitors and MIT administrators and executives.
• Prepare documents and presentations utilizing formatting requirements and design guidelines for both internal and external meetings, and compile research materials and financial reports on request. May require additional research on complex matters, as well as communicating and obtaining all information required, including missing materials and drafting content as needed.
• Plans and coordinates high-profile events on behalf of the Cambridge Real Group and in coordination with other department administrative staff. This may include developing invitation lists with input from others, sending invitations, confirming attendees, arranging speakers, ordering catering, and performing other administrative or analytic tasks to support the initiative. May represent work area at events.
• Coordinate with Legal team and track documentation resulting from new acquisitions and/or leases. Be responsible for maintaining detailed property information (e.g. leases and contracts) in electronic databases. This includes entering, updating and ensuring accuracy of the data. The data is sensitive and confidential information requiring discretion in its management.
• Initiate process and systems improvements to workflows necessary to effectively monitor documents as they flow through the cycle, and ensure that documents are stored properly for accurate retention and retrieval in the R Drive, Dynamo or other electronic storage mechanisms.
• Coordinate occasional domestic and international travel including flights, hotels, trains and car service. Prepare travel itineraries and update details in team members’ calendars. Be available to correct problems that may occur once trips have begun.
• Process all expense reimbursements within promised timeframe using Concur reporting system.
• Prepare agendas for weekly real estate staff meetings, in conjunction with real estate administrative team. Record, interpret, draft, and distribute (pending approval) minutes from said meetings.
• Answer, forward or address phone calls as needed, as well as open, sort and distribute mail.
• Participate in the coverage rotation of the front desk with other support staff, and provide backup support to other areas within MITIMCo when appropriate.
• Work on ad-hoc projects as assigned.
• Bachelor Degree preferred. High School education or equivalent accepted with commensurate experience. A minimum of five years administrative or related experience required.
• Strong computer skills, including fluency in Outlook email and calendaring, PowerPoint, Word and Excel. Experience with Adobe Acrobat is preferred, as is familiarity with Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and InDesign, though not required.
• Proven ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision, as well as demonstrated ability to set priorities and juggle multiple activities at once, often working under pressure and with frequent interruptions.
• Exhibit excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to represent the work area and the larger MIT community.
• Previous experience booking complex domestic and international travel for large teams as well as processing related reimbursements highly recommended.
• Ability to resolve complex problems in a thorough and timely manner, determining the appropriate course of action with minimal supervision.
• Proven ability to suggest and implement improvements and refinements to improve the overall effectiveness of a team. Follow through on enhancements and suggestions.
• Comfortable interacting with high-level executives.
• Able to deal with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment.
Supervision is received from the Managing Director, Transactions and other senior staff.
How do you apply?
Apply through MITs online job bank via the following link:
http://jobs.mit.edu/external and enter Keyword MITIMCo
Please note that MIT does not provide visa sponsorship for technical, administrative, or library full-time or part-time regular positions. Additionally, MIT does not provide visa sponsorship to recent graduates and practicing professionals for internship training, practical experiences, or other non-teaching, non-research affiliations.