The Legal & Compliance Team Administrative Assistant will assist with the day-to-day administration and workflow of the Legal & Compliance department and will support all members of the Legal and Compliance Team in servicing the legal needs of MITIMCo Operations, the Global Investment Staff, the Real Estate Team and the Illiquid Gifts and Estates Officer. This individual will also provide support to the Accounting & Finance team on an as-needed basis.
The Legal & Compliance Team Administrative Assistant will demonstrate strong communication and writing skills as well as the ability to prioritize his/her own work, meet tight deadlines, work under pressure, be highly attentive to detail, respect confidentiality obligations and adjust easily to shifting priorities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
• Assist Legal & Compliance Team in data management and tracking deadlines.
• Review select legal contracts and approvals utilizing MITIMCo-approved forms and review checklists.
• Progress documents through execution and filing procedures. The successful candidate will draft cover sheets, set up documents in on-line electronic signature platform or circulate hard copies, scan and save documents and cover sheets, add correct naming conventions for executing party, distribute contracts directly or coordinate distribution, update the status of the document in the relevant software system, run periodic contract reports to monitor the status of the documents and manage original document archives.
• Monitor the team’s electronic inboxes and physical mailboxes; direct inquiries and tasks to the appropriate Legal & Compliance staff; digitally tag and file relevant correspondence and documents.
• Support the creation of matter profiles for new investments, real estate transactions and trusts and estates.
• Enter investment, real estate and vendor contract Terms & Conditions (“T&C”) in relevant software systems and communicate with the Legal & Compliance staff to ensure appropriate compliance and monitoring of T&Cs.
• Assist with the coordination of corporate entity registration for outside vendors used by MITIMCo for real estate and investment management purposes.
• Monitor the Legal & Compliance calendar and update critical dates for Legal & Compliance action items.
• Download, distribute and file documents from external investment manager portals.
• Prepare, distribute and collect anti-money laundering and related documents and tax forms.
• Support all members of dynamic Legal & Compliance Team with administrative tasks and functions, including setting up meetings, making travel arrangements and updating contacts.
• Provide overflow support to MITIMCo administrative assistants.
Will report to a Director of Legal and Compliance
Qualifications & Skills
• A minimum of 3 years of related experience required.
• Strong Microsoft Office skills
• Track record of supporting a number of attorneys in a dynamic working environment.
• Experience with legal documents, investment management and real estate
• Keen judgment
• Bachelor’s degree in Legal Studies, Criminology, Finance, Psychology, or a related field preferred
How do you apply?
Apply through MITs online job bank via the following link:
http://jobs.mit.edu/external and enter Keyword MITIMCo
Please note that MIT does not provide visa sponsorship for technical, administrative, or library full-time or part-time regular positions. Additionally, MIT does not provide visa sponsorship to recent graduates and practicing professionals for internship training, practical experiences, or other non-teaching, non-research affiliations.