[vc_column_text css_animation=”bottom-to-top”][/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_column_text css_animation=”bottom-to-top”]
Please note we are not actively recruiting candidates for this position, however, we welcome your interest and review applications at regular intervals.
What will you do as an Investment Professional?
You will work directly with investment professionals across the organization to identify and evaluate investment opportunities with external investment managers.
You will find creative ways to source interesting investments, and you will learn to lead the process of researching and making investment decisions in the world’s most elite investment firms in an effort to find the best stewards of capital for MIT’s financial assets.
You will meet with investment managers and their teams to try to understand their investment strategies, their investment judgment, their financial and ethical alignment with their partners, and how well they have structured their firms. Your supplemental research process will include analysis of individual portfolio investments, reference calls, and quantitative analysis of investment strategies and performance.
You will do research projects on topics ranging from analysis of major investment trends to introspective reviews of our process, decisions, and performance. We do these projects for our own internal use and for reporting to the MITIMCo Board of Directors. You will also develop and use analytical tools to aid in the investment process.
You will be part of the global investment staff that is charged with finding and evaluating external fund managers, building relationships with our active managers, making thoughtful portfolio management decisions, and constantly seeking ways to improve ourselves both as individuals and as an organization.
You will work together in a closely-knit team of people who enjoy each other’s company, work hard and have fun together.
Who are we looking for?
• You possess an outstanding track record of accomplishments and excellence
• You have a passion for investing
• You are searching for a small, collaborative environment where you can quickly make an impact
• You exhibit superior oral and written skill as well as strong quantitative and analytical skills
• You are comfortable in a detail oriented environment, where you are required to prioritize
• You thrive in an environment where you are given significant responsibilities right away and have the flexibility to manage your own time, and the freedom to come up with your own creative ideas for how to approach the challenges of endowment management
A more detailed job description can be found here.
How do you apply?
Apply through MITs online job bank via the following link: http://jobs.mit.edu/external and enter Keyword MITIMCo
To ensure consideration, your application should include your resume, cover letter and a concise answer to one of the following questions.
1. Give an example of a company, business, or asset that you would be happy to own if you could not sell it for the next ten years, and explain why.
2. Describe a key insight that has had a significant impact on how you think about investing.
Please note that MIT does not provide visa sponsorship for technical, administrative, or library full-time or part-time regular positions. Additionally, MIT does not provide visa sponsorship to recent graduates and practicing professionals for internship training, practical experiences, or other non-teaching, non-research affiliations.
Download job description as a PDF
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/4″][vc_column_text css_animation=”bottom-to-top”][/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]