The Head of Portfolio Control and Performance and Exposure Reporting will be a key leader within the MITIMCo Operations team. This individual will ensure all daily reporting is accurate and complete. The team will identify root cause issues and work to resolve them with the appropriate parties.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
• Implement and maintain a performance reporting system for investments on an open and closed book basis.
• Ensure, and sign off on, daily IBOR and ABOR data content is correct as ingested into Datahub from external third parties and accounting agents
• Working in concert with Global Investments, Real Estate and Operations to ensure reporting needs are being met, defining solutions and consulting with Technology to develop where existing data or business intelligence tools are not sufficient.
• Define and model business calculations for developers to code for consumption in reporting
• Act as lead partner with business units to ensure quality and completeness of reference data and other identifying information, working with business units responsible for capturing and storing data
• Identify departments that are accountable for the accuracy of data within their purview.
• Working with other departments, ensure resources and libraries exist to describe the characteristics of our data, such as its name, definition, and what business rules it supports.
• Source new data and map to MITIMCo’s data model to be consumed by business intelligence tools
• Equivalent to a B.S. degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field. CFA/CPA strongly preferred
• 8+ years of experience in asset management accounting, both liquid and illiquid strategies
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
• Advanced negotiation, managerial and leadership skills
• Expert on GAAP accounting requirements and tax rules as they apply to investment companies and private fund structures
• Understanding of real estate operating and development activities a plus
• Experience in managing performance reporting and data quality control
• Advanced problem solving skill to resolve ambiguous, complex and multi- variable problems
• Ability to organize and manage multiple projects and prioritize competing needs
• Strong Microsoft Office and SQL skills
• Keen judgment
• Will report to the Chief Financial Officer.
• Ability to work independently is required.
• Will directly supervise one employee.
How do you apply?
Apply through MITs online job bank via the following link:
http://jobs.mit.edu/external and enter Keyword MITIMCo
Please note that MIT does not provide visa sponsorship for technical, administrative, or library full-time or part-time regular positions. Additionally, MIT does not provide visa sponsorship to recent graduates and practicing professionals for internship training, practical experiences, or other non-teaching, non-research affiliations.