[vc_column_text css_animation=”bottom-to-top”][/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_column_text css_animation=”bottom-to-top”]
The Head of Financial & Performance Reporting will be a key leader within the MITIMCo Operations team. This individual will lead the Finance & Accounting team and be a key member of both the Valuation and the Operations Management committees. This position will manage one individual while collaborating with many across the organization to move strategic projects to successful completion.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
• Financial reporting for MIT and Affiliates (RE LLCs, FOFs, Plans etc.), including audit and tax issue coordination.
• Implement and maintain a performance reporting system for investments on an open book basis.
• Maintain comprehensive knowledge of US GAAP provisions and emerging matters, particularly with respect to investment companies.
• Serve as the liaison to MIT’s controller’s department on matters related to investment accounting with respect to MIT’s general ledger.
• Serve as key participant in generating and reviewing financial information found in MIT’s entities under audit. Work with external service providers who maintain MIT’s official books and records to provide best in class accounting services and reports.
• Work with technology group to streamline posting of external providers’ real estate, life income fund, and investment accounting information to primary ledger.
• Consult as needed with MIT’s tax department on tax issues related to finance and accounting.
• Valuation for private investments and real estate, including oversight of performance-based fee calculations for separate accounts and single investor funds.
• Evaluating monetization opportunities for illiquid investments.
• Partner with Global Investment Staff in performing financial/accounting analysis on both active and prospective external funds.
• Participate in operational due diligence over external fund managers.
• Equivalent to a B.S. degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field. CPA strongly preferred
• 8+ years of experience in asset management accounting, both liquid and illiquid strategies
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
• Advanced negotiation, managerial and leadership skills
• Expert on GAAP accounting requirements and tax rules as they apply to investment companies and private fund structures
• Understanding of real estate operating and development activities a plus
• Experience in managing performance reporting
• Advanced problem solving skill to resolve ambiguous, complex and multi- variable problems
• Ability to organize and manage multiple projects and prioritize competing needs
• Strong Microsoft Office skills
• Keen judgment
• Will report to the Chief Financial Officer.
• Ability to work independently is required.
• Will directly supervise one employee.
How do you apply?
Apply through MITs online job bank via the following link:
http://jobs.mit.edu/external and enter Keyword MITIMCo
Please note that MIT does not provide visa sponsorship for technical, administrative, or library full-time or part-time regular positions. Additionally, MIT does not provide visa sponsorship to recent graduates and practicing professionals for internship training, practical experiences, or other non-teaching, non-research affiliations.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/4″][vc_column_text css_animation=”bottom-to-top”][/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]