The Head of Financial & Fair Value Reporting will be a key leader within the MITIMCo Operations team. This individual will lead the Finance & Accounting team and be a key member of both the Valuation and the Operations Management committees. This position will manage one individual while collaborating with many across the organization to move strategic projects to successful completion.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
• Responsible for audits for MIT investments and MITIMCo managed investment affiliates (currently 12 entities)
• Responsible to ensure valuations are consistent with fair value and monitored and maintained consistent with our Valuation Policy. Administers appraisal and internal processes related to Cambridge real estate and certain closely held endowed assets.
• Acts as liasion with MIT tax department and external tax preparers to ensure tax returns are filed timely and accurately. Includes special reporting for new excise tax for certain endowments.
• Internal subject matter expert on UBIT issues as related to global investments and Cambridge RE activities.
• Responsible for reviewing quarterly and annual rating agency filings.
• Responsible for preparation of external surveys related to NACUBO, Cambridge Associates, etc.
• Responsible for regulatory reporting in consultation with legal department regarding US and non US requirements.
• Monitors MIT’s investment policy limits.
• Map fund fee calcs to liquidity model inputs and maintain attribute
• Assist in manager due diligence as needed
• Coordinate Ops Back up program for oversight over liquidating managers
• Assist investment staff in generating and modeling fee calculations
• Partner with Global Investment Staff in performing financial/accounting analysis on both active and prospective external funds.
• Liase with MIT’s controller’s department on matters related to investment accounting with respect to MIT’s general ledger.
• Equivalent to a B.S. degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field. CPA strongly preferred
• 8+ years of experience in asset management accounting, both liquid and illiquid strategies
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
• Advanced negotiation, managerial and leadership skills
• Expert on GAAP accounting requirements and tax rules as they apply to investment companies and private fund structures
• Understanding of real estate operating and development activities a plus
• Experience in managing performance reporting
• Advanced problem solving skill to resolve ambiguous, complex and multi- variable problems
• Ability to organize and manage multiple projects and prioritize competing needs
• Strong Microsoft Office skills
• Keen judgment
• Will report to the Chief Financial Officer.
• Ability to work independently is required.
• Will directly supervise one employee.
How do you apply?
Apply through MITs online job bank via the following link:
http://jobs.mit.edu/external and enter Keyword MITIMCo
Please note that MIT does not provide visa sponsorship for technical, administrative, or library full-time or part-time regular positions. Additionally, MIT does not provide visa sponsorship to recent graduates and practicing professionals for internship training, practical experiences, or other non-teaching, non-research affiliations.